St. Leonard’s is an active parish community which endeavors to live its Mission Statement:
“St. Leonard Parish is a healthy and growing faith community that brings people to Christ, grows disciples and sends them out to transform the world. Every member is committed to worship, to grow, to serve, to connect, to love and to give.”
St. Leonard’s has been serving the Manotick community for over 35 years. We have over 440 families registered with St. Leonard’s, and our community continues to expand with the growth of the surrounding residential areas. At St. Leonard’s we offer the traditional celebrations of the Catholic Church, Liturgy, Sacramental Preparation, Spiritual Growth activities as well as opportunities for every parishioner to answer the Lord’s call for service and love. Please visit our Ministries & Services page for more information.
Parish Pastoral Council
The Parish Pastoral Council is a consultative body that shares with the pastor and his staff the planning and coordinating of overall policies and goals of the parish.
The Council is concerned with all aspects of parish life and once having established policies and goals, and the means to achieve these goals, it is essential that the Council coordinates, monitors and evaluates the work of the various ministries and committees in the parish.
The implementation of the Pastoral Council policies is entrusted to parish staff, ministries and committees of the parish.
The objectives of our Parish Pastoral Council are:
- Proclaiming the Gospel
- Building up if a caring, Christian community
- Acting as the representative of all members of the parish
- Working for a spiritual renewal of all members of the parish community by a concern for, and attention to, the quality of the Liturgical Services and Education Programs
- Discerning the needs, spiritual and temporal, of the parish community and organizing and planning the structures required to fulfill these needs
- Working for a just society with other churches and organizations in the neighborhood and in the wider community
The pastor is the spiritual leader of the parish. He is also the president of the Pastoral Council in accordance with Canon Law, and therefore his role is central to the Council.
Our Parish Pastoral Council comprises the pastor and ten elected members. The term of each member shall not exceed 3 years. Elections are held every year and the intent is that a third of the PPC is renewed with new members every year. At present, the Council has a Chairperson, a Vice-Chairperson and an ex-officio Secretary. The Pastoral Council works closely with the Financial Council on financing the pastoral needs and long term development of the parish.
The Parish Pastoral Council meets monthly except in July and August. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
If you are interested in contributing to developing and enhancing the pastoral needs of our parish, please consider putting your name forward during the next election.
Parish Financial Council
The Parish Financial Council is responsible for providing consultation and assistance to the pastor in the financial administration of the parish. This consultation should be undertaken in a spirit of prayerful reflection. Through prayer, reflection and frank discussion, the members of the PFC should strive to develop consensus on the resolution of financial issues brought to their attention.
The Parish Financial Council recommends procedures to implement the financial affairs of the parish and assists the pastor in the administration of the temporal assets of the parish.
The Temporal Council is responsible for:
- Assisting in the preparation of the parish budget
- Preparation of the parish’s financial report and communication to the parish community and Archdiocese
- Assisting the pastor in carrying out the fiscal policies of the parish
- Ensuring the all the financial obligations of the parish are met
- Developing new ways of meeting the financial needs of the parish in accordance with parish guidelines
- Coordinating repairs and improvements to the church and rectory facilities
Our Parish Financial Council comprises the pastor and elected members. The term of each member shall not exceed 3 years. Elections are held every year and the intent is that the council is renewed with new members every year. At present, the PFC has a Chairperson and a Vice-Chairperson. The Finance Council works closely with the Pastoral Council on financing the pastoral needs and long term development of the parish.
The Parish Finance Council meets once a month. All parishioners are welcome to attend.
If you are interested in ensuring the financial needs of our parish are met, please consider putting your name forward during the next election.